Being liked by people is a tricky thing. It’s difficult as it is to be liked for the person you are, what more if you’re trying to promote yourself or a product and service that you are selling. In social media, it can be a little more forgiving – if you know the right strategies and get the right people to help you to boost your overall exposure.
Spotify is one of the most popular social platforms nowadays, and it has been proven to help companies and individuals achieve different ends. Some people think that Spotify was created and developed by internet marketers for their own personal gain, but that is far from being true. A lot of true musicians and artists were able to find the break they were looking for when they went on Spotify and started being shared and liked by millions of people.
Yes millions, that isn’t an exaggeration. Spotify has a user base of about 217 million unique users all over the world on a monthly basis since it was founded in October 2008. The number is growing by the day and unlike Facebook, or Instagram, does not rely on constant updates on a person’s newsfeed.
The Importance of Being Liked on Spotify
1. Followers are just one of the ways people become popular on Spotify. Users who are not in your circle can like something that you’ve posted – whether that’s a song; a poetry reading audio; a commercial clip; or just you talking and sharing your daily experience.
2. Companies and celebrities have utilized Spotify in the form of podcasts. These are not even full-blown radio programs, but features a person or persons talking about certain issues or topics. It’s entertaining, fun, and often helps to break the monotony of everyday life.
3. Going back to the idea of being popular, the more liked your posts are the more popular you will be on social media. This is one of the reasons why people are encouraged to buy Spotify followers, it will make the process of getting followers, being re-shared and re-posted a lot faster.
4. Of course, there are natural ways to go about it. One of the tricks is to upload and give away free tracks on Spotify. If you’re a musician, you can make use of this method in order to promote your music. If you have an upcoming show or are about to release a new album, you can upload a free track so the audience can get a sample of what you have to offer.
5. Make sure that it’s the full song, though and not just a clip – otherwise, the audience might feel that you’re too stingy. You can upload it for free on Spotify, generate a link and announce it all over the Internet.
6. You can even post the link to your Facebook page and website. Add a quick cover with your face on it so you can begin to build your brand. However, imagine if you combine this with thousands of quality followers? You’ll be an instant celebrity and you will get noticed by people and record producers a lot faster.